Should I sell my house? If you've been asking yourself this question lately, we've got good news: It's a great market for sellers! Limited inventory continues to drive home prices up, and the
6 Reasons to Downsize
Downsizing can be hard for those who are accustomed to having ample amount of space. Many concerns are “What will I do with all my stuff?” or “How do I know this would be better for me?” Well, chances are if you’re thinking about downsizing – you probably should. There is an endless list of all the reasons why you should downsize and the benefits, but here are 6:
- The more space you have, the more you feel like you have to fill it. Downsizing into a smaller home can help you prioritize your life and only bring what is needed into your home.
- Living below your means places you in a better space financially – If you’re spending $300 less a month on your mortgage, what other goals could you accomplish?
- Save on home costs. The average maintenance costs on a home
isrelated to its size. Saving on the little things like utility bills will allow you to invest in more personal agendas.
- Enjoy less Maintenance – Less home means less maintenance! Enjoy not having to clean that extra bedroom no one has ever used.
- Declutter – You’ll be able to recognize which furniture and appliances are really important and needed, allowing you to notice everything else that’s just useless clutter.
- Quality over Quantity – Instead of having a large space to fill with multiple pieces of furniture, a small space will prompt you to make smarter decisions. Rather than purchasing an entire space of décor, you can splurge on a few key pieces that are conversations starters.
The first place you should look for a smaller home is right here, right now, on our homepage. Happy House Hunting!
Latest Blog Posts
Lower mortgage rates have drawn out more buyers this fall, but the rapidly shrinking inventory of lower-cost homes—the properties highest in demand—are making it difficult for them to